Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Okra sambar recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Okra sambar recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re constantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making several simple changes.
Initially, you should be very careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you don’t wish to eat. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to okra sambar recipe. You can have okra sambar using 20 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Okra sambar:
- Take 1/3 Cup of Tuvar dal.
- Get 20 of Shallots slice into two.
- Provide Pinch of Hing.
- Prepare 1.5 Cups of Water.
- You need 12 of Okra.
- You need 1 of Tomato chopped.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Sambar powder.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Get As needed of Salt.
- Take 1 tbsp of Gingelly oil.
- Use 1 of Amla size Tamarind soak in warm water.
- Provide leaves of To garnish Coriander.
- Provide of To Temper:.
- Get 2 tbsp of Gingerlly oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Urad dal.
- Use 2 of Dry chilli.
- Use 2 of Spring Curry leaves.
- Prepare Pinch of Hing.
Instructions to make Okra sambar:
- Soak tamarind in warm water for about 15 minutes. Squeeze the juice and keep aside. Cook tuvar dal in pressure cooker with shallot, hing and pinch of salt. When pressure released open the lid and mash the dal. Keep this aside..
- Heat oil in kadai add chopped okra. Saute for 3 minutes in medium flame. Don't burn it. Once okra cooked add cubed tomato. Again saute for couple of minutes. Add mashed lentils. Then add 1 cup of water, tamarind pulp, chilli powder, turmeric powder, sambar powder and enough salt..
- Stir well. Reduce the flame to sim and cook for another 10 minutes until okra becomes tender. Don't overcook the okra, as it turns mushy. Now heat oil in another small pan add mustard seeds, urad dal. Once mustard crackled add dried chilli, curry leaves and hing. Once done add this to sambar and switch off the flame for sambar. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice. #mycookbook.
Wash okra and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel. My son's condition is no better than mine. Sambar is the most popular south Indian recipe. Sambar is a lentil based stew cooked with Vendakkai (Ladies Finger) Sambar is one of the tastiest recipes. You can also use other vegetables.
If you find this Okra sambar recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.