Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, hellfire gumbo. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Hellfire Gumbo is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Hellfire Gumbo is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have hellfire gumbo using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Hellfire Gumbo:
- Get 1 of large yellow onion.
- Prepare 8 of garlic cloves.
- Get 1 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Red bell pepper.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts (bone in skin on).
- Get 2 lb of Pork Andouille Sausages.
- Get 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes.
- Make ready 1/2 lb of Okra.
- Prepare 2 of Habanero peppers.
- Make ready 1 cup of flour.
- Make ready 1 cup of bacon grease.
- Take 3 stalk of Celery.
- Prepare of cayenne pepper.
- Make ready of white pepper.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of sea salt.
- Prepare of thyme.
- Take of parsley flakes.
- Get of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- Take of gumbo filé.
- Get 2 cup of rice.
- Take 4 of bay leaf.
Steps to make Hellfire Gumbo:
- In a large pot cover chicken breasts with water, bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. For the last 10 minutes drop in the sausages, piercing them about 3 times in front and back with a knife before..
- Pierce the habanero peppers with a knife and put them in the pot. Leave in the pot during entire cooking time to flavor the Gumbo then remove before serving..
- Mince garlic and finely chop about 1/4 of the onion, set aside separately for the roux.
- Chop up the remaining onion,red and green bell peppers and celery and add to the pot..
- Remove chicken and sausage from pot and set aside.
- Add can of fire roasted tomatoes and all seasonings to taste, to the pot, except for the Gumbo Filé.
- In a large iron skillet, heat bacon grease on a medium to high flame, when grease is hot gradually stir in flour. This mix of grease and flour is the roux, and is a crucial part of the outcome of the Gumbo, try not to burn it. Keep stirring this mix for at least 10 minutes or until the roux starts to turn a light brown color, then add the onions, stir for another 5 minutes and add the garlic and continue to stir until the roux reaches a milk chocolatey color, also try not to let the garlic burn.
- Once the roux is a nice brown color with caramelized onions and garlic, transfer the roux from the skillet to the Gumbo pot and stir in..
- Chop Okra I to 1/2 inch pieces and add to the Gumbo.
- Take skin off the chicken and remove it from the bones and shred with your hands. Brown sausages on the skillet on high heat for about 6 minutes, chop into 1/2 inch slices and add to the Gumbo..
- Add Gumbo filé to taste, serve with rice and/or french bread and butter and enjoy. Garnish with habanero if you dare!.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food hellfire gumbo recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!