Apple, Blackberry and Custard Crumble.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, apple, blackberry and custard crumble. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Apple, Blackberry and Custard Crumble is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Apple, Blackberry and Custard Crumble is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have apple, blackberry and custard crumble using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Apple, Blackberry and Custard Crumble:
- Prepare 8 oz of sweet pastry (see my pastry recipes below).
- Take 6 oz of sweet buttery crumble topping (see my crumble recipe below).
- Take 1 pints of fresh vanilla custard.
- Prepare 1 large of Bramley Apple or a handful of windfalls.
- Take 1/2 pints of freshly picked juicy blackberries.
- Make ready 2 oz of caster sugar.
- Take of vanilla custard.
- Take 4 of egg yolks.
- Take 3 oz of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 pints of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 pints of double cream.
- Get 2 tbsp of corn flour/starch.
- Get 1 of vanilla pod split and scraped.
Instructions to make Apple, Blackberry and Custard Crumble:
- Make the pastry and crumble early in the day – follow these steps https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/341655-pastry-and-other-things.
- Make the custard by whisking in a bowl the egg yolks, the sugar and a small amount of milk from the half pint until smooth add the vanilla beans and stir in..
- Heat the rest of the milk in a pan until it just reaches boiling point. Remove from the heat and add to the bowl whisking as you add..
- In a cup mix the cream and the cornstarch, add this to the custard. Give it a good whisk and transfer all of it back to the pan..
- Bring back up to the boil whisking or stirring all the time. When the custard starts to boil, lower the heat and still stirring simmer for 1-2 minutes until sufficiently thickened..
- Things can go wrong making your own custard, especially the first time. Here are some fixes: firstly – remove custard from heat before doing anything – What happens if my custard goes lumpy? You weren't stirring efficiently, get out your whisk and beat like there's no tomorrow! What if my custard is too thick? Add a little more milk – don't forget this is going inside a pudding so it needs to be fairly thick. What if my custard is too thin? Add another tablespoon of cornflour/starch to a tablespoon of cream mix together thoroughly then combine with the custard. What can I do if my custard has burnt on the bottom? Throw it away and soak the pan! Start again..
- Once custard is made leave to cool this can be made early in the day or even the day before. Place cling wrap into the pan directly on top of the custard ensuring it touches all over, this will stop a skin forming. Cool thoroughly before putting in the refrigerator.
- I pick lots of apple's and blackberries and freeze them for jams, tarts, pies and puddings then I take it what I need. Yes I cut and freeze the apples intact with pips and all, because if I decide to make cider I need all those bits! Everything was washed thoroughly before freezing though. It did however make peeling and coring a bit of a chore..
- You can use freshly picked fruits about ½ pint of blackberries and and 1½ pints of apples, eating or cooking doesn't matter which, just adjust the sugar. Place fruits in a pan and sprinkle with sugar. Cover pan and leave several hours for juices to come out.
- When it's time to make your pudding, turn a low heat under the fruit and slowly bring to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes. Whilst fruit is simmering, prepare the bowl by greasing well and cutting a small rectangle of greaseproof paper to fit in the bottom..
- Roll out pastry to fit with a small overhang. Add the fruit mixture. Spoon over the custard and sprinkle over the crumble topping to finish. Bake in an oven set at 180ºC for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, trim any browned overhang and serve warm with cream or ice cream..
- leave it for at least half an hour before digging in so it doesn't all fall apart and you don't burn your mouth!.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food apple, blackberry and custard crumble recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!