Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Boosting Treats.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. When we eat more healthy meals and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A bit of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. You can spend hours at the grocery store searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
Consider eating almonds if you do not are afflicted by nut allergies. As an all-in-one energy booster, almonds provide many health advantages. These types of nuts have lots of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Almonds, like turkey, have the enzyme tryptophan that may often allow you to be sleepy. However, you will not need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. These nuts loosen up the muscles and provide a general sense of peace. Your emotional level can sometimes be lifted by just eating almonds.
You don’t have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy lentil soup recipe. You can have easy lentil soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Easy Lentil Soup:
- Provide of lentils, washed and picked over.
- Prepare of water, or vegetable broth and water combination.
- Provide of chopped celery.
- Prepare of chopped carrot.
- Take of green onion, chopped.
- You need of onion, chopped.
- Get of garlic, chopped.
- Get of dried herbs (oregano, thyme blend).
- Take of ground cumin.
- Get of curry powder.
- Take of butter.
- Take of olive oil.
- Provide of salt, (I ended up adding a little more as I kept adding broth/water. adjust accordingly to your liking).
- Take of pepper.
Instructions to make Easy Lentil Soup:
- Chop up green onion, onion, garlic, celery, and carrot..
- Add olive oil and butter to large pot and heat on medium-low. When you see it start slightly bubbling, add in onions, celery, garlic, and carrots..
- Let it all simmer about 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent and fragrant. Add in cumin, herbs, curry, a good pinch of salt, and pepper. Let it simmer another couple of minutes..
- Add in lentils and stir frequently to coat with the vegetable spice mixture for a couple minutes..
- Add in water, cover, and reduce heat to low. Let it cook for about 40-60 minutes or until the lentils are tender and a nice flavor has developed. You will need to give it a stir about every 10 minutes and check on the amount of water. You may want more or less depending on if you want something more soupy or more like a stew consistency. I added in a couple cups of water/broth at a time until I had the consistency I liked. Enjoy!.
Easy Lentil Soup recipe prepared in one pot with potatoes, carrots & greens. Made with heart healthy ingredients, this soup is filled with flavor & comfort. Easy Lentil Soup is a Healthy Soup Recipe! One of the reasons I love this soup is because it's light and healthy. This Easy Lentil Soup stores nicely in the refrigerator for several days.
If you find this Easy Lentil Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.